Summer has arrived at Big Bear! Big Bear Lake is open for business for a summer season of fishing and boating. This is also the best time of year to take advantage of Big Bear’s hiking trails. While you are here boating, fishing and hiking, here’s what’s happening in June at Big Bear to help you finalize that vacation calendar.
Big Bear Local Events
- Bicyclists unite with the Thursday Community Mountain Bike Rides with the Big Bear Cycling Association 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. Thursday June 9 and every Thursday in June. Bike rides start at the Keller Williams Realty Office, 42149 Big Bear Blvd. Both intermediate and advanced mountain bikers that can ride at speeds that use technical skills are invited. Beginners are also welcome to join the association on Saturday Community Bike Rides in June starting 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Saturday, June 11. For more information or for other riding opportunities, call (909) 866-8467.
- Get your groove on 8:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. Friday, May 10 with Live Music at Chad’s Place, 40824 Big Bear Blvd. Known as a spot where locals, tourists and bikers can feel welcome, Chad’s Place is a hot spot for live music. For details, call (909) 866-2161.
- Enjoy nature with a walk and build a birdhouse with the family at Big Bear Discovery Center 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Saturday, June 11. The kit fee for individuals or families is $6 to build a well-designed birdhouse bluebirds will love to call home. Class is limited to 20 people and reservations can be made by calling (909) 383-2790. Don’t worry if the class is full. There’s another bird building session 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Sunday, June 18.
- Nottinghams Tavern presents the first annual Notti Jazz Festival June 17-19. Get a venue schedule here.
- Get ready to see Wynonna Judd & The Big Noise 6:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday, June 18 at The Cave, a new intimate music venue at Big Bear. Tickets range from $70 to $125 and can be purchased online here.
- Celebrate June with fresh produce at the Big Bear Farmer’s Market 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. June 13 and every Tuesday in June at the Big Bear Lake Convention Center.
Embrace Fishing at Big Bear Lake
This is the time of year to catch trout in Big Bear Lake. Kick off fishing season right by entering the Fishin’ for $50k Big Bear Lake Trout Derby, which runs from June 11-12 at Big Bear Lake. Eighty tagged trout in the lake are worth cash prizes, including 10 tagged trout worth $10,000 each! Register online here or call 800-424-4232 to register today.
Participate in a Geocaching Scavenger Hunt
Ready to learn about geocaching? An Intro to Geocaching at Big Bear Discovery Center will be held 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Saturday, June 18 and June 25. Geocaching involves using GPS coordinates to hunt for and find hidden objects. Participants will learn to use a GPS unit to locate caches and learn about the Big Bear environment while undertaking a fun scavenger hunt. No experience is necessary and all tools are provided. Call (909) 382-2790 to sign up.
Enjoy Big Bear Dining
Big Bear is known for its variety of dining options in one of the most scenic locations to take in breathtaking mountain and lake views. There are places to eat while you take in views of the mountains and Big Bear Lake.
Big Bear has everything you need to satisfy your food and drink cravings. Satisfy your caffeine fix with our pick of the best coffee shops. We also know the best burger places to sink your teeth into a mouthwatering burger. We can point you in the direction of the best breakfast spots too so you can fill up on carbs before you tackle a day of fishing or hiking.
Book Your June Visit Now
It’s time to make a reservation for a comfortable cabin or luxury hotel room at Big Bear Frontier. Make your reservation today!