Have you ever taken a Jet Ski out on Big Bear Lake to skim across the cool water while you take in the fresh air and mountain scenery? Whether you’re a Jet Ski pro or a novice, we’ve got 5 tips for renting Jet Skis that will make your Big Bear Lake experience a memorable one.
Plan Your Jet Ski Rental in Advance
There are plenty of Jet Ski rental operators at Big Bear Lake. Check with local rental operators before your trip to Big Bear Lake so a Jet Ski will be waiting for you when you arrive. Ask about the cost to rent a Jet Ski by the day, a half day or by the hour. Many Jet Ski rental locations charge by the hour but you often can get a deal for a half- or a full-day.
Places to Rent Jet Skis at Big Bear Lake
Jet Skiing on Big Bear Lake is a popular water sport. Here are some Jet Ski rental operators to help you get a jump on a rental:
- Big Bear Marina offers new 3-seater Yamaha WaveRunners for $125 per hour. A 20% early bird special offered from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. brings that hourly rate down to $100 per hour.
- Holloway’s Marina and RV Park offers 1-2 person WaveRunners for $85 per hour and 1-3 person WaveRunners for $105 per hour. Ask the marina about the deal of the day and its 10-10-10 Deal when you arrive to get more savings.
- Big Bear Boating offers a variety of different Jet Ski options. Rates start at $85 per hour and there are price reductions for early morning rides. Scan the QR code on Big Bear Boating’s web site the day of your visit for other special savings.
- Pine Knot Marina offers $75 half hour rental rates and $125 per hour rates for Jet Skis. Bonus perk? Mid-week rentals get a 15% discount and visit the marina’s Facebook page for other potential savings.
Jet Ski Rental Requirements
Renting a Jet Ski comes with a few stipulations. Always make sure your rental provider:
- Provides pre-rental instructions on the operation of the Jet Ski
- Displays Jet Ski information in a visible place on the Jet Ski
- Outlines the rental age requirement for rentals. Most rental operators require a valid driver’s license and won’t allow anyone under the age of 25 to ride.
- Provides proper life jackets, which are required for all Jet Ski riders.
Jet Ski Perks
So you’re in the know:
- Renting a Jet Ski in the morning is usually cheaper than an afternoon rental, when competition is stronger.
- A lesson is usually included in the rental price so you’re comfortable before you head out on your Big Bear Lake adventure.
- Big Bear Lake is teaming with trout this time of year. Grab a pole and a lure and try to catch a fish from your Jet Ski.
Keep Track of Time
There’s nothing more beautiful than watching the sun rise or set on Big Bear Lake with the reflection of the mountains hitting the surface of the lake. But be mindful of the time.
Jet Skis cannot be operated from a half hour after sunset to a half hour before sunrise because it’s too hard for boaters to see them at night. So enjoy that sunset and turn in your Jet Ski on time so you’re not charged for another full hour or whatever stipulation is listed in your rental agreement.
Book Your May Visit Now
Now that you’ve got the inside scoop for renting Jet Skis on Big Bear Lake, it’s time to book your visit to Big Bear. Stay awhile and rent a cozy cabin or luxury hotel room at Big Bear Frontier. There’s also still time to take advantage of our “wintersale” discount, which runs through the end of April. Make your reservation today!