Spring is right around the corner! We just had another snowfall this week at Big Bear, so we are extending our Winter Sale until the end of April. Get 20% off when you use the promo code “Wintersale” through April 30th. While you are here enjoying the slopes, here’s your guide to what’s happening in April at Big Bear to get you motivated for a fantastic vacation.
Big Bear Lake Local Events
If you really want to take advantage of all that Big Bear has to offer in April, here’s the events you want to circle on your calendar:
- Every Saturday in April, you and your family can head to the Big Bear Alpine Zoo at Moonridge at noon for an animal presentation that allows you and your family to get up close and personal to animals being cared for
- To celebrate all that spring has to offer, the Big Bear Astronomical Society is presenting a Nature Night Star Party 7 p.m. April 1 to view the stars through astronomers’ telescopes for a $5 suggested donation.
- Relax and unwind 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. April 14 at Live Jazz at The Pines Lakefront, which occurs every Thursday through April 28.
- Take a Guided Wildflower Walk 11:30 a.m. April 23 at the Baldwin Lake Ecological Reserve to see what’s in bloom this April
Fishing Season Starts
While the lake is open all year round, icy conditions force most anglers to fish from the shores in the winter. But the lake and all its glory is officially open for business on April 1 for boats and fishing this time of year. So grab the bait and tackle and head out onto a boat to catch the Big One this April.
Want to really start fishing season off with a bang? Avid anglers should attend Aaron’s Big Bear Spring Bass Blast 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 2 for a fun one day only bass fishing tournament.
The Big Bear Farmer’s Market is Back!
April also welcomes the return of the extremely popular Big Bear Farmer’s Market! Located near the Big Bear Convention Center, the Farmer’s Market is held every Tuesday starting April 5 through the end of September (weather permitting it stays open in October too).
Arrive early to take advantage of vendors that have everything from locally grown produce to arts and crafts, clothing and jewelry.
Big Bear Golf Course Reopens
Golfers rejoice! What a better way to celebrate spring and the looming Masters golf tournament in Augusta this April then playing nine holes at Bear Mountain Golf Course. The golf course is back open for play this month and the flowers are starting to bloom, so grab those clubs and head to the fairways.
Try a Cave Concert
Looking for some music? The Cave, located in Big Bear Village, is Big Bear’s newest concert venue. The site of the former Village Movie Theater is really ramping up its concerts in April. The Cave has live entertainment every weekend this month so check out the lineups and go see a show.
Big Bear Family Activities
There’s indoor fun for the whole family at Big Bear Funplex, where you can play laser tag, utilize the video arcades and ice skate inside.
If you’re ready to explore spring outside enjoy Big Bear in the following ways this April:
- Take an Action Segway tour. A certified guide will teach you how to use your Segway before you head off on a tour of the area to learn what the locals know about the area.
- Want to see Big Bear from above? See the amazing San Bernardino Mountains, Big Bear Lake and the surrounding countryside by taking a Helicopter Big Bear
- Learn some history about how Big Bear by taking the kids on a Gold Rush Mining Adventure. Pan for gold just like the settlers did while collecting rocks, minerals and fossils from around the globe.
So what are you waiting for? Now that you have the April events you need to plan your perfect trip to Big Bear, all that’s left to do is make a reservation for a comfortable cabin or luxury hotel room at Big Bear. Remember, our “wintersale” discount is good through the end of April, so make your reservation today.