Let it snow! Highs in the 40s this week make for great skiing weather on the slopes, and the mild temperatures will bring out the last minute shoppers to our beautiful stores in the village. If you’re looking for dining options over the holidays there are many great places to eat in Big Bear that stay open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, so we’ve included them here.
Happy Holidays from Big Bear Frontier!
Big Bear Lake Weather
Monday, December 19- High of 43°, Low of 18°
Tuesday, December 20- High of 44°, Low of 16°
Wednesday, December 21- High of 46°, Low of 18°
Thursday, December 22- High of 42°, Low of 15°
Friday, December 23- High of 42°, Low of 14°
Saturday, December 24- High of 46°, Low of 17°
Sunday, December 25- High of 47°, Low of 20°
What to do this week in Big Bear Lake
Big Bear Lake restaurants open Christmas Eve
- The Barnstorm Café at the Big Bear airport. Open for dinner Christmas Eve 4:30pm-9:00pm featuring a special menu with stuffed filet mignon, prime rib, and rolladen along with regular menu. Call (909) 585 -9339
- Grizzly Manor Café is open for breakfast and lunch from 5:30am-2pm. View their menu here, or call (909) 866-6226.
- The Gold Pan restaurant is also open for breakfast and lunch from 8am-4pm. Their menu is available here, call (909) 866-4310
- Captain’s Anchorage has been a Big Bear favorite since 1947. They will be open for dinner from 4:30pm–10pm. Call (909) 866-3997.
- Sweet Basil Bistro will be open for lunch and dinner from11am-9pm and accept reservations. Call (909) 866-9212.
- Bear Belly Deli will be open for lunch at 10am but will close early (they normally close at 5pm). Call (909) 585-4266 to make sure they’re still open in the afternoon to serve your favorite deli sandwiches.
- Maggio’s Pizza will be serving lunch from 11am-3pm on Christmas Eve. Call (909) 866-8815.
Big Bear Lake restaurants open both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Evergreen International Seafood and Steak Restaurant will be serving holiday specials both Christmas Eve and Christmas day from noon–9pm. Call 909-878-5588.
- Noble Romans Pizza in the Big Bear Funplex will be open Christmas Eve from 11am–5pm and Christmas Day noon–9pm.
- Big Bear Mountain Brewery will be serving up hand-crafted beers and great food Christmas Eve and Christmas Day from 11am-10pm.
- Bistro at the Mansion will be open all week serving their Friday/Saturday menu. They will be seating guests from 5:30pm-7:30pm daily, reservations are required. Call (909) 878-9190.
- Café Chateau at Best Western will be serving holiday dinner Christmas Eve from 5pm-9pm, and Christmas Day from 2pm-8pm. Featuring a prime rib and turkey buffet with all the trimmings, including a glass of champagne! Buffet is $34.95 for adults and $18.95 for children. Reservations are recommended for groups of 5 or more, call (909) 866-6666.
- Himalayan Restaurant will serve the cuisine of Nepal and India Christmas Eve from 11am-10pm, and Christmas Day from 11am-9pm. Call (909) 866-2907.
- Diamond Lil’s Saloon will have the football games on both days! They are open Christmas Eve from 9pm–close, and Christmas Day from 11am-11pm. Call (909) 585-2005.
- Nottinghams Restaurant will serve Castle favorites from 8am-3pm Christmas Day, and Christmas dinner from 5pm-9pm. Call (909) 866-4644.
Big Bear Lake Christmas Day Activities
- Alpine Slide: 11am-4pm.
- Big Bear Snow Play: 11am-4pm.
- Bowling Barn: Noon-10pm.
- Elevations Day Spa: open at 10am.
- Big Bear Fun Plex: Noon– 9 pm.
- Baldwin Lake Stables and Petting Zoo: Call for reservations: 909-585-5254.
- Snow Summit: 8am – 5 pm, Day Session*. Night Session = 3pm–9:30pm, weather permitting. *Day Session extends to 6 pm when Night Session is offered.
- Bear Mountain Resort: 8am– 4:30pm.
- Reservations are highly recommended for both Snow Summit & Bear Mountain due to likely SELL OUT, call the reservation service at (909) 866-5841.
- Helicopter Big Bear: Call for reservations: 909-585-1200.