Can you imagine Fourth of July fireworks up here in the mountain air, with Big Bear Lake reflecting all of the beauty in the sky? Over the 237 years we have been celebrating this holiday, we have come close to perfecting it. The holiday often begins with inviting up family and friends, and making burgers and hot dogs on the grill. In the evening the real artistry begins! Find a spot near the lake and watch a firework display that has been created to take your breath away. Every year we can hear the oohs and ahhs during the sparkling celebration of our nation’s birthday in the sky, right up to the grand finale. With Big Bear Lake as a backdrop to the Fourth of July fireworks, you’re in for a spectacular show.
The weather is looking perfect for our country’s birthday bash!
Big Bear Lake Weather
Thursday, June 27– High 86°, Low 58°
Friday, June 28 – High 89°, Low 59°
Saturday, June 29 – High 92°, Low 59°
Sunday, June 30 – High 90°, Low 58°
Monday, July 1 – High 87°, Low 57°
Tuesday, July 2– High 85°, Low 56°
Wednesday, July 3 – High 84°, Low 55°
Thursday, July 4– High 82°, Low 53°
The Big Birthday Bash
The 27th Annual Big Bear Lake Independence Day Festival kicks off on Thursday and runs until Saturday, showcasing great talent and businesses in the area. There will be plenty of local vendors offering everything from handmade jewelry to homemade delicacies. The kids can enjoy games, the bounce house, and getting pony rides while the adults are grooving on live entertainment and delicious food provided by Wyatt’s Saloon and Café. The Cave is also offering some daytime entertainment, showcasing a tribute to The Boss with the Bruce Springsteen Experience Tribute and The Petty Breakers, a tribute to Tom Petty. Those concerts will start at noon on July 4th. After all of that excitement, you are going to want to relax and get ready for the big show.
Big BOOM Lake!
The lake is the place to be for the Fourth of July fireworks. Festivities start on Thursday at 4:30 PM at Pine Knot Marina, the home of the fireworks barge. The Rotary Fireworks Committee is offering tickets ranging from viewing only up to a VIP deck experience that includes served meals from the Barnstorm Restaurant and a reserved seating area. All of this is brought to you courtesy of the Rotary Club of Big Bear Lake, with incredible support from the city and business community. If the view is not close enough for you, the Miss Liberty Fireworks Viewing Tour will put you right on the lake to see every starry explosion.
On To the Weekend!
There is a nice, long weekend coming up after all of the festivities on the Fourth of July. The local stores and venues are ready to keep the good times rolling. Here is a brief listing of all the great events that will be going on around the lake:
- The Cave will be featuring a generous selection of tributes this weekend. Skynrd Reloaded, a Lynyrd Skynrd tribute band and ZZ Too, offering the best of ZZ Top will be rocking out on July 5th. There will be more tributes to dance to on July 7th, with Credence Relived (Credence Clearwater Revival) and Red Headed Stranger (Willie Nelson).
- Country music singers Duke Michaels and American Idol finalist Matt Rogers will be at The Cave on July 6th, adding a little bit more country to a weekend filled with rock and roll.
- C.A.T.S. will be ending their run of OKLAHOMA! that weekend, with shows on the 5th and 6th, and a matinee for everyone on the 7th.
- Engage the whole family with a trip to the Big Bear Alpine Zoo’s Old Time Country Bear Fair on July 6th. There are games, face painting, and even a pie eating contest… for the bears! Afterwards will be an animal feeding tour, but only if the bears do not fill up on pie.
- Spend some time exploring the Village at the 9th Annual Pine Knot Village Artwalk, July 6th and 7th. A showcase of more than 100 regional artists with a wide range of talents from painting to sculpture.
All of these activities, plus live bands and good times at the regular favorites like Chad’s Place, Nottinghams Tavern, Murray’s, and B’s Boathouse, will make Big Bear Lake the place to celebrate during the Fourth of July weekend. We still have some great rooms available, and a little part of beachfront property that would be great for checking out the show. We just want to know who is bringing the potato salad. Have a great week!